• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What MECHANICAL wristwatch are you wearing?

I suppose a digital watch could have just the first two...

Only if the watch has a LCD screen and there are no hands. When analog hands are used there must be a motor to move the seconds hand.

but anything with 1 must have 2 and vice-versa ;).

Not necessarily, Seiko's proprietary SpringDrive movements don't have a battery. The electricity is generated by a small generator. The generator itself is powered by kinetic energy stored in a spring.

Upvote 0
This is Deep Blue’s bread and butter, dive watches. Automatic (so within the confines of this thread, can also be manually wound), smooth sweep second hand, screw-down crown and case back, 1000’ water-resistance rating, helium release valve and a sapphire crystal. And a serious heavy-duty neoprene strap. But no magnetic field protection and it’s not turbocharged (kudos if you get the movie reference).

And yes, it has yet to see any use as a dive watch, though I bought it after a trip where my aged dive watch succumbed to the Pacific salt.

View attachment 136859

Nice watch, the sunburn dial is a plus.

Upvote 0
But *you* care, and you defined the thread to suit your purpose, true?

Not really, just hope to see whether people still wear non-digital stuffs.

Personally I have as much quartz watches as automatic watches, I enjoy them equally.

Your Raketa watch reminds me about a Russian watch that I once wanted to buy, a Vostok diver watch called "scuba dude".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones