• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what network

I was going to post a new thread but one of your questions is what I was interested in so I'll merely hijack/highlight it :).

I'm due to start haggling with Orange tomorrow and now that I know it's possible to get "unlimited" net I've only one concern and that's updates. Orange have a TERRIBLE record for HTC updates but is there any reason to suspect this phone will be different? Will I need to hack it to pieces to get that fabled upcoming HTC update on there or will it work out of the box? Does anyone know?

I plan on asking the folks at Orange this very question but I have no faith I'll get anything resembling a decent answer. Any info would be appreciated - I'd rather order tomorrow than have to wait for the update to come out and find out. If Orange don't let you update your own phone I'll be buying the thing offline.

Urm - sorry for the thread hijack mark1, but in my defence you did *kind of* ask that question :p.

Upvote 0
I was going to post a new thread but one of your questions is what I was interested in so I'll merely hijack/highlight it :).

I'm due to start haggling with Orange tomorrow and now that I know it's possible to get "unlimited" net I've only one concern and that's updates. Orange have a TERRIBLE record for HTC updates but is there any reason to suspect this phone will be different? Will I need to hack it to pieces to get that fabled upcoming HTC update on there or will it work out of the box? Does anyone know?

I plan on asking the folks at Orange this very question but I have no faith I'll get anything resembling a decent answer. Any info would be appreciated - I'd rather order tomorrow than have to wait for the update to come out and find out. If Orange don't let you update your own phone I'll be buying the thing offline.

Urm - sorry for the thread hijack mark1, but in my defence you did *kind of* ask that question :p.

I called Orange as I.have the same question about the update and orange advised HTC will be releasing the update in September at the same time for orange that what I have been told by 4 different cs advisor so.I guess it willbe in September we should all have update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones