• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What phones are better than the Charge?

bl4ke360

Jul 3, 2011
I've had my charge for a little over a year, and accidentally dropped it in the pool a few days ago, and it doesn't work. In case Verizon can't do anything about it, I want to know if there are any better phones than the Charge that I could buy on craigslist or something. I haven't been up to date with phones since last year so I have no idea what phones are good and which ones aren't.

I've had my charge for a little over a year, and accidentally dropped it in the pool a few days ago, and it doesn't work. In case Verizon can't do anything about it, I want to know if there are any better phones than the Charge that I could buy on craigslist or something. I haven't been up to date with phones since last year so I have no idea what phones are good and which ones aren't.

My original motorola startac phone was better than this worthless brick called the charge. But in all seriousness, the HTC thunderbolt is a better 4g lte phone. Those are cheap too, you should be able to get a new one online for like $150.

Upvote 0
I ended up using my insurance which meant I had to pay $100 for them to ship me a new droid charge, it seems like the best way to go, and I get to keep my battery which means I'll have 4 in total so I won't really have to worry about the short battery life.
The thunderbolt sells for $300 on amazon so I don't think anybody's selling them for $150 unless it's used and on craigslist. I also hear that it's worse than the charge in some regards.

Upvote 0
"Better" isn't possible to evaluate if you don't say what specific uses you put your phone to. The Charge has about as good a GPS as I've seen on a phone except when applied to camera geotagging; a great screen; and a removable battery that has a limited life span but is cheap to replace. Downsides include somewhat random behavior (kind of par for the course with Android, for whatever reason) relative to apps; relatively poor sound quality on phone calls; random Bluetooth behavior; average camera; outdated CPU.

Just one perspective, but I think it's pretty accurate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones