• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What ROM Gives You The Most Out Of Your Battery?

I really like the Dirty Unicorns ROM with Franco. Cataclysm with Franco was also good. I don't fool with a lot of Franco settings yet as I need to research them more, but I use it to undervolt the CPU -50MV. I easily go all day and I put it on the charger each night.

You may want to make sure you have chased down all the settings that affect battery life before switching ROMs. If it isn't the ROM< switching ROMs may not help.

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0
I really like the Dirty Unicorns ROM with Franco. Cataclysm with Franco was also good. I don't fool with a lot of Franco settings yet as I need to research them more, but I use it to undervolt the CPU -50MV. I easily go all day and I put it on the charger each night.

You may want to make sure you have chased down all the settings that affect battery life before switching ROMs. If it isn't the ROM< switching ROMs may not help.

I Was Thinking About Switching To Cataclysm ROM With Franco, But I Don't Know How To Undervolt. Still A Noob At These Things /: Can You Show Me How?

Upvote 0
I Was Thinking About Switching To Cataclysm ROM With Franco, But I Don't Know How To Undervolt. Still A Noob At These Things /: Can You Show Me How?
Do you have the "Franco Kernel Updater?" It's a paid app in the Play Store which I got to support the developer which gives you a control panel for the kernel. The voltage control is under CPU manager. Some ROMs (e.g.,Dirty Unicorns) will also provide Kernel controls. I don't actually know if there is another way. I'm pretty new to this myself. ;) Hopefully the more knowledgeable folks will pop up here.

Upvote 0
I use either OMNI ROM or Cataclysm with the latest franco kernel.

I'd try using something other than Cyanogenmod, but keep in mind there are thousands of variable that can affect your battery life. Some of them are environmental, rather than software or hardware related.

I'm On Cataclysm With Franco Kernel With Location Off, Data Off, Brightness 0% & Kernel Settings From A User From XDA Who Posted About His Uber Battery. Will See What Happens In A Couple Of Days

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones