• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Texting/SMS app do you use?

monsterenergy22

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
sosquad.net
So I know most of our OG Droids are almost at their last stand, but with that in mind, I was wondering what texting/sms app you are using/and or recommend. Im rooted and OC'd and no matter what messaging app I use it still is super slow and seems to force close all the time on me. Ive tried Handcent, Go SMS Pro, and chompSMS with no luck at all.

So what are you guys using?

Hi,

I tried several SMS Apps - of course Handcent, Go SMS ... were some of them. However none of them was what I was searching for.

For one month I have been using mysms SMS App now, and I can tell it's quite different from the others. Most important to me, this app is really fast - especially compared to Handcent. Furthermore, texting to other users is free. So I added some of my friends and was able to decrease my costs quite a bit!

One other cool thing... mysms is also available as web app and this is what I was really missing in all other apps. Messages and contacts are synchronized from my Galaxy and available on the web. The best find is about this is that I can send operator SMS from the webinterface. I always hated typing in my texts on the smartphone keyboard, so this is perfect for me.

Upvote 0
I use Google Voice. If you're a Google Voice user I'd recommend it. If not, it won't be germane to you.

Im rooted and OC'd and no matter what messaging app I use it still is super slow and seems to force close all the time on me. Ive tried Handcent, Go SMS Pro, and chompSMS with no luck at all.
Sounds like an issue with your Droid then. If you revert the OC'ing do you still have problems?

One other cool thing... mysms is also available as web app and this is what I was really missing in all other apps. Messages and contacts are synchronized from my Galaxy and available on the web. The best find is about this is that I can send operator SMS from the webinterface. I always hated typing in my texts on the smartphone keyboard, so this is perfect for me.
GV does this as well. Messages are actually stored in the GV account. The GV app on the device just syncs with your GV account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones