• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What to do with used Nexus 7 when it arrives

Hi all,

Android newbie here. I just purchased a used Nexus 7 (2013, 32 GB) on eBay. This is my first tablet, and my first Android device. But I'm comfortable with computers and tech in general, so I'm not afraid to dig in and get my hands dirty.

A friend of mine (who has much more experience with Android devices than I do) suggested that, since I'm buying this tablet used, I should do a full factory reset, and verify that the firmware on the tablet is stock.

Do you experts agree with this advice? Are there how-to's on this forum describing how to perform this process? Do you suggest I do anything else?

Thanks!

I'd say your friend's advice is good and what he is asking you to do is easy.

Factory rest........go to your settings menu and you will an entry labeled Factory Reset. Press it and let your tablet do its thing.

Firmware check......Go back to settings, select "About this Tabket," scroll down and you should see an entry something like "Android 4.4.2" IIRC. If that is what it says, you have the latest version of KitKat from Google.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: sgoldste01
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones