• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what to you guys think of the launcher SPB Shell 3D

Love the look of it on youtube. Think I will wait to see what support it gets in the way of widgets, bugs ironed out etc.

But as my desire is not rooted, I don't think I would have the space to run this app without move to sd card first.

Maybe on my next android phone - bring on those quad core monsters :)

Upvote 0
I think it looks really cool. And I can see that for some phones, and I'm thinking really basic android handsets or ones like LG's old android UI, it would be really good.

But for top notch handsets like the HTC range, or the Samsung Galaxy's and so on, I really don't think it's necessary. I tried it and for all they go on about how amazing it is, I really don't see what is so revolutionary about it. It doesn't really add anything to any of the other launchers. And, it's something ridiculous like

Upvote 0
Agree. Thought that when I first saw the video for it. If anything, its novelty value.

Would definitely try it for free but wouldn't pay £10 plus transaction fee to try it. 24 hours isn't enough time to try something if you think it might be good. If you think you hate it then that is obvious very early on but if you like it, it takes time to miss some features

Upvote 0
24 hours?
Isn't it 15 minutes now on market for a refund?

Yeh it's now 15 minutes.

Agree. Thought that when I first saw the video for it. If anything, its novelty value.

Would definitely try it for free but wouldn't pay £10 plus transaction fee to try it. 24 hours isn't enough time to try something if you think it might be good. If you think you hate it then that is obvious very early on but if you like it, it takes time to miss some features

Oh, finally. Honestly I thought the stupid transaction thing was just my bank. It is the most frustrating thing, and google still haven't addressed it in anyway. Given the success of android, I am amazed it hasn't had more publicity. I was beginning to think it was just me. In fact, I have now almost completely stopped buying market apps. A

Upvote 0
Oh, finally. Honestly I thought the stupid transaction thing was just my bank. It is the most frustrating thing, and google still haven't addressed it in anyway. Given the success of android, I am amazed it hasn't had more publicity. I was beginning to think it was just me. In fact, I have now almost completely stopped buying market apps. A

Upvote 0
The overseas transaction fee is my bank / visa or whatever. Santander.

I knew it was supposed to be going to 15 minutes with the new market, but it didnt go live at the same time. Is 15 minutes definite now? If so, I'll be buying a lot less apps.

Yup Its 15mins in most cases now. I am not going to buy apps unless I am absolutely sure I need it

Upvote 0

I knew it was supposed to be going to 15 minutes with the new market, but it didnt go live at the same time. Is 15 minutes definite now? If so, I'll be buying a lot less apps.

Ah I'm Natwest Visa and don't think I've ever been charged.

15 mins isn't great - all the apps I have downloaded have 15 mins.
I don't mind but not when it's a

Upvote 0
Transaction fees are very rare, I heard of them mostly coming from places like Sweden and UK because the seller is located in places like Singapore or Brasil or something like that, I haven't gotten any fees myself.

Yeah 15 minutes isn't great, I removed my CC info right the day it was changed from 24h to 15min but I readded it a week ago to get Wave Launcher and Circle Launcher.

Upvote 0

Sorry to go off course, but its been like that for months and months and months now. So it obviously doesnt bother you as you havent noticed, so no need to buy less apps :) (many people object, but don't take into account it may not affect them).

The launcher is cool, but not worth

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones