• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's going on with Verizon???

I heard there are some great things on the way, later this month. If I had first hand information I would post it now, however I don't want to read the shitstorm that would result from such a post. All we need to know is Vzw will have some new toys available at the end of Feb.

You realise for most people the Devour wont cut it as "new toys" or a "great thing" right?

Upvote 0
Hmmm. Bigger than a Nexus One despite the small 3.1" screen. Yeah, real exciting. I heard Verizon has two new flip phones on their way, too. I'm not even sure who this appeals to.

Tweens and the what not. Better phone to keep their online social circles organized. Thats how the advertising will be setup most likely. Probably a price point of $100 after MIR or lower.

Upvote 0
Tweens and the what not. Better phone to keep their online social circles organized. Thats how the advertising will be setup most likely. Probably a price point of $100 after MIR or lower.

If we don't have the Droid I'd imagine the Devour won't interest a single person around here. That thing looks like garbage...I really feel like Moto makes extremely aesthetically disgusting phones...

Upvote 0
I never mentioned one word about the Devour, and I'm done with this thread until I can confirm the items in question. It's really getting old reading all the posts slamming devices that haven't even been tested by the public..:rolleyes:

Dude, your information is welcome. We really have nothing else to go on. Understand that there's a small circle of folks here, myself included, waiting on something high-end Android other than the Droid, most likely from HTC. There's a market for the Devour, I'm sure, but it probably isn't comprised of posters on this site.

Upvote 0
If we don't have the Droid I'd imagine the Devour won't interest a single person around here. That thing looks like garbage...I really feel like Moto makes extremely aesthetically disgusting phones...

I dont there are many tweens on these boards as the people the Devour is meant for people who spend all their time on Twitter, facebook and myspace. Thats a good thing. The more Android can branch out the better.
Though I dont care about ugly. Slap a snap dragon into the Droid and that sucker would be mine. Though once I had it in my hand I started to think it looked better then my initial impression.

Upvote 0
I dont there are many tweens on these boards as the people the Devour is meant for people who spend all their time on Twitter, facebook and myspace. Thats a good thing. The more Android can branch out the better.
Exactly. This is called the "Android Forums so one would assume that first and foremost the members here would be Android fans first. More Android = better o/s support.

Upvote 0
My LG 9400 was a tank.
I abused that phone for years, dropped it off a balcony, got it dirty/dusty/scratched, I even dropped in a glass of scotch once (don't ask). By far the toughest phone I've ever had. I still keep it in a drawer in case I ever need a backup.

That's great. My wife's phone is reliable too from that standpoint. But of all the brands I've had, the audio quality stinks. The voice digitizes and drops from time to time (very short duration, but enough to drop or muddy a single word). I find myself having to ask her to repeat herself a couple times on every call. Never had this problem when we were talking razr to razr. I've test driven some of the phones like the voyager, dare, and env touch. Dull screens, laggy response, and difficult to use touchscreens. LG is a budget build and I couldn't imagine buying their smartphone at a premium and being able to use it daily. I think they're best suited for the flip/dumb phone market and no more. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0
I've test driven some of the phones like the voyager, dare, and env touch. Dull screens, laggy response, and difficult to use touchscreens. LG is a budget build and I couldn't imagine buying their smartphone at a premium and being able to use it daily. I think they're best suited for the flip/dumb phone market and no more. Just my opinion.

I had a Dare and when I lost it, they gave me an enV Touch. Before the Dare, I had the enV, before that the V. The keyboards on the 3 phones that had keyboards were top notch. It is so good that it makes me drag my feet now that my NE2 is up. The Droid keyboard is an embarassment in comparison. I think that an android made by LG would show Motorola how it is done. There is no point in putting a keyboard in a phone that will make someone use the touch screen.

Upvote 0
I had a Dare and when I lost it, they gave me an enV Touch. Before the Dare, I had the enV, before that the V. The keyboards on the 3 phones that had keyboards were top notch. It is so good that it makes me drag my feet now that my NE2 is up. The Droid keyboard is an embarassment in comparison. I think that an android made by LG would show Motorola how it is done. There is no point in putting a keyboard in a phone that will make someone use the touch screen.

Note that I mentioned all touch screen devices. Yeah, the LG keyboards are decent but at the expense of making the phone feel as thick as a brick so it becomes a significant trade-off. I'm really into touchscreen only devices, but if I had to choose a qwerty phone, it would be a slider like the Droid or TP2. LG is so trailing edge when it comes to these things.

Upvote 0
...at the expense of having a keyboard that is so frustrating that you may as well go touch only doesn't seem like trailing edge.

My laptop has a phenomenal keyboard at 1.5" thick. When you're trailing edge on dimensions, it gives you all the room in the world to accomodate a nice, usable keyboard. Isn't the Droid as thin as the iphone, or pretty close? You can't have it all. But then again, the Droid's touch screen is superior to the semi-responsive, cheap resistive touch screens that LG uses. Again, LG's build is fine for a $99 feature phone but not what I want on my smart phone.

Upvote 0
First the Nexus One, and now T-Mobile has announced late-March availability of the fastest WinMo handset on the market, the HD2 (probably one of the TWO fcc approvals we saw in the past week with their 3G band - Bravo the other?). What's going on with Verizon? They're standing still while the competition catches up.

I would be curious to see a list of the Smartphones released, (not rumored), over the past four months by all carriers, and see how Verizon stacks up to the others. I hear a lot of complaining about Verizon not releasing anything in a timely manner, but comparing their lineup today against what they had a year ago; it seems to me that they have made quite a few improvements?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones