• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your next phone?

Right now I have the Droid X that I got on launch day.

The only thing I know for sure is that my next phone will be LTE capable. If I had to pick a phone right now it would be the Bionic. But since I'm not elegible for an upgrade until 3/12 I'm sure there will be something I like better by then. Also, I won't be upgrading 'til Honolulu is 4G. Right now the Honolulu airport is 4G but I'm about 15+ miles away so no 4G where I live. Honolulu is shown on Verizons list as one of the cities to get LTE next so I would expect late 2011 or early 2012.

So I'll be using my Droid X for at least another year but that's ok cuz I really like it. the 4.3in screen is great so I don't think I would be happy with anything smaller. So right now I'm just patiently waiting...... (for the Droid Viper.... maybe?)

Good luck to everyone,

Upvote 0
Motorola "Targa"

Targa1.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have 1.5 years left on my contract, so I have no idea what my next phone will be, it isn't made yet. But I'm very happy with my DX, and I'm in no hurry to upgrade anyways. LTE sounds nice, but I want to see what people are getting in my area in the real world before I decide if its worth the extra cost above 3G, especially since I'd have to give up my unlimited data. I rarely even go over 1GB/mo, but that doesn't mean I want to give up the extra bandwidth!

Upvote 0
Won't change from my X until LTE is in Buffalo, which it isn't even on the schedule yet (damn Rochester)...
As for what's next, I'm in line with all the improvements listed above. Nothing yet makes me green with envy.
I am really interested in the chatter that says Moto is making the next Nexus device...but I don't think I can afford an unsubsidized device. Here's to hoping...

Upvote 0
I have 1.5 years left on my contract, so I have no idea what my next phone will be, it isn't made yet. But I'm very happy with my DX, and I'm in no hurry to upgrade anyways. LTE sounds nice, but I want to see what people are getting in my area in the real world before I decide if its worth the extra cost above 3G, especially since I'd have to give up my unlimited data. I rarely even go over 1GB/mo, but that doesn't mean I want to give up the extra bandwidth!

I agree with this. I just got my X back in December, my very first smartphone, and I see no reason to even think about a new one until my contract is up in 2012. I seriously doubt LTE will be anything spectacular in the Milwaukee area right away, and I just hit 1 GB a month myself.

Plus, the X is just so...pretty. I do wish we had more interesting cases, though; the iPhone definitely kills in that area. What I wouldn't give for that Darth Vader case on my X....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones