• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WhatsApp Fingerprint Entry Being Skipped

Hello,

I have a Pixel 6 phone with WhatsApp on it. I always close WhatsApp after I use it by swiping it away via the Recently Used apps tray. I've got fingerprint lock enabled, and set to immediate. So as soon as I close WhatsApp, it should always require my fingerprint to open WhatsApp. And it always worked like that on my prior phone, a Samsung. On my newer Pixel 6, I'd say about 50% of the time, when I reopen WhatsApp, it jumps right into the app, completely bypassing the fingerprint requirement. I've not been able to figure out if I've got something configured incorrectly, or if this is just a WhatsApp bug. I've contacted WhatsApps support about it, but their support robot just keeps sending me instructions on how to enable fingerprint entry, which I already know how to do. It seems like this should be something really simple to set up.

Thank you in advance,

DSPGuy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones