• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where Are These Setting On Galaxy J2?

startac4

Apr 13, 2020
I have these settings on my main LG K20 phone to reduce battery depletion but I can't find their equivalent settings on my travel Galaxy J2 (there aren't any "three dots")

Settings Location [three dots] Scanning:
Wi-Fi Scanning = OFF
Bluetooth Scanning = OFF

Settings Wi-Fi [three dots] Advanced Wi-Fi:
Keep Wi-Fi on when screen is off = Only when plugged in
(I know there is some difference of opinion about the trade-off value of this third setting)

Can someone tell me where to find them on the Galaxy J2?

I have these settings on my main LG K20 phone to reduce battery depletion but I can't find their equivalent settings on my travel Galaxy J2 (there aren't any "three dots")

Settings Location [three dots] Scanning:
Wi-Fi Scanning = OFF
Bluetooth Scanning = OFF

Settings Wi-Fi [three dots] Advanced Wi-Fi:
Keep Wi-Fi on when screen is off = Only when plugged in
(I know there is some difference of opinion about the trade-off value of this third setting)

Can someone tell me where to find them on the Galaxy J2?
so every phone is going to be slightly different and not all will have the same features. on most samsung phones you should be able to find wifi settings under settings>connections>wifi> the 3 dots>advanced>and you will have a bunch of options of how you want your wifi to connect.

i have owned samsung flagship phones for a while now. i do not re-call seeing "keep wifi on when screen is off"' ...."only when plugged in"

but to be honest wifi and bluetooth do not drain the battery as long as you have good connections. if you have weak connections then yes it will drain faster than a good connection.

both wifi and bluetooth will scan only once unless i refresh the scan manually. there is no setting for this, and thus probably why you do not see a setting for it.....at least this is the case on my z fold 3. not sure on J2, however.

Upvote 0
There's also Settings > Connections > More connection settings (on s21, Android 12). That has a "nearby device scanning" option which may be related to these.

Settings change between manufacturers, between Android versions, and sometimes between different devices from the same manufacturer on the same version. Samsung are amongst the manufacturers who change things furthest from the Android default, but LG were also prone to making their own changes.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones