• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where did you get your battery from?

Where did you get your EVO battery

• Best Buy - No battery problems

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Best Buy - Battery issues

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Radio Shack - No Battery problems

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Radio Shack - Battery issues

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Sprint Store - No battery problems

• Sprint Store - Battery issues

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • EVP - No Battery problems

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • EVP - Battery issues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walmart - No Battery problems

• Walmart - Battery issues

• Other outlet - No battery problems

• Other outlet - Battery issues

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
In continuation of the "Interesting observation with batterys" thread, here is the poll.

This may or may not show a pattern of those with battery issue and where they are coming from, but who knows.

Vote away..

Note:
1-poll is multi-selection, in case you have more than one evo in your possession.
2-This poll is only in terms of battery issues, (if your phone dies after only a few hours of use)
no other issues please.

TS out

got mine from a sprint store. only problem i have is if i don't soft reset (battery pull, turning off and on didn't help) i would get what seemed like poor battery, % dropping 10% after 5 mins of use, after a battery pull the phone then would take a full charge.

i think there are some syncing issues that would cause the phone and battery to not sync the correct % causing the battery to not fully charge. so i just pull my battery every couple of days and have no problems

Upvote 0
I got mine from the Sprint store and I have no major problem. I lasted 12 hours yesterday before plugging in and I streamed Pandora, listened to music off my card, browsed, refreshed FriendStream, and watched an episode of family guy. GPS was on the entire time and WiFi the majority of the time. I do have the quick 10% drain issue but past that the battery is steady.

Upvote 0
Not sure what "issues" exactly includes, but if it's meant to be the battery life. I picked no issues with my phone from RS. It only last 12-18hrs depending on usage, but I'm not one of these people expecting eleventy-billion hours from a battery either. So, to me it seems normal.
Just battery related issues, (battery dies after a few hour use), no other issues.

Edited my first post to reflect that.

TS

Upvote 0
I got my EVO through EVP and also got two eBay cheapies (with a charger) for $12. All three batts are doing fine, but I'm NOT a power user. It's clear to me that my genuine HTC battery is better than the two eBay units, probably by about twenty to twenty-five percent. But, for the price I paid, I don't consider that a problem whatsoever. I routinely get 24+ hours out of the eBay batts and anywhere from 30 to 40 out of the genuine battery. I know that's not typical, but that's my story nonetheless. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones