• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where oh where is KitKat???

Im am on Verizon and was one of the early ones to jump on the Note 3. They said oh yeah this phone will be one of the first to be upgraded? Well here I sit months later with almost the same software the phone came loaded with. I also have a S4 mini same thing. Try asking Verizon they are clueless??So Samsung wheres the KitKat you promised??? I might as well join the cast of 6 feet under before that happens?

Are you really sure you want Kit Kat? Read about all the bugs it's causing on the N3. (At the very least, be prepared to do a full factory reset and cache wipe after the update. That may fix some of the bugs.)

It seems that whatever version a phone comes out of the factory with, it works pretty well. But OTA and some phones work fine (my wife has AT&T 4.4.2, and I haven't heard any screaming yet - but I've seen a lot on the boards) while others not so much. If you have an S3, for example, and OTA to 4.3, and you can still make phone calls, consider yourself lucky. The update bricked a lot of them. But on my N3? Not a glitch. (And I'd rather have a working phone on a slightly older ROM than a non-working phone on a newer ROM that doesn't add much to the phone - and takes away a lot.)

Upvote 0
In before you come back after finally getting an update and telling us about all the stuff that broke.
I've seen it countless times. A phone is released, almost everyone loves it, an update comes, and that forum then fills up with topics about stuff being broken since the update.

Enjoy the phone how it is. Updates are a huge gamble that cannot be undone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones