• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to buy LG GT540 with v2.1 (+)?

rodrigt

Apr 17, 2011
Help please. I've given up with the frustration of upgrading an LG GT540 from v1.6 to 2.1, can anyone tell me where I can buy this phone with v2.1 (or v2.2) already installed?

My needs are very simple, I only use GSM/G2/EDGE and don't need any data plans or G3/G4 higher speeds, etc. Best if the phone came unlocked but not indispensable. I would much prefer buying from some company in the USA.

-- Thanks.

Help please. I've given up with the frustration of upgrading an LG GT540 from v1.6 to 2.1, can anyone tell me where I can buy this phone with v2.1 (or v2.2) already installed?

My needs are very simple, I only use GSM/G2/EDGE and don't need any data plans or G3/G4 higher speeds, etc. Best if the phone came unlocked but not indispensable. I would much prefer buying from some company in the USA.

-- Thanks.

Ebay would be your best bet, if companies arent selling them with 2.1 that means LG isnt loading it on at the factory, which means nowhere will, unless the phone is second hand and somone has already updated.

Reactions: rodrigt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones