• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where to find Calendar/Alarm clock files on MAXX

I Need to find the calendar file on the MAXX as it says it is not sync-able--
My first MAXX took a face first into a gravel driveway and ate the screen- sooo
If I can find it, throw it into box or drive and then open it in new phone. Just need to find the little rascal. I would also like to save the time of resetting all my alarms if I could find that file too:) I have my class periods set at all three of the high schools that I teach at and which day as they are different on different days- twood save headaches!!

I'm sorry to say that they would be internal database files and not exposed to the user except through using the app. This is one of the major reasons why I use my Google account for calendars (and have since well before I owned an Android phone) is so that I can lose my phone (or have it break) and my calendars are still available and will sync to my next phone. The same goes for contacts (though Verizon does offer Verizon Backup Assistant Plus to sync contacts.)

I went into the calendar app and, unlike the contact app, I could not find any menu command to back up calendar events to storage.

Sorry I can't help you (besides the advise to use Google calendars going forward.) Maybe somebody else will have a solution for you.

Reactions: LouHarlow
Upvote 0
Thanks to both of you-
It appears that my newby status when I started using a "smart phone" instead of a TX palm I did not realize that the calendar was not retrievable at all. It is, after all a computer. It has to be a file there somewhere- just not normally accessed by the user. I appreciate your answers and thoughts- I have 'trust' issues with data that is not closely held- both as a school teacher and a police chaplain. If it is 'in the cloud' that says to me that it is more exposed to hackers than I want it to be. I will have to do some more homework on security before I let my notes go up. My district uses google for a lot of stuff, but there are things we are not allowed to use also.

Upvote 0
I have used MyBackup (Pro) for years. It does have the option to backup calendars but since I have always synced mine to my GMail I have never tried it. I have used it to restore things like call logs and text messages with varying success depending on the phone model. ie, It would restore text messages perfectly on my OG droid, had an issue with dates (sent messages were 3 hours offset from their corresponding received messages) on my Bionic but seem to work fine on the MAXX. Although, I have not tested it under 4.4.4...

EDIT:
There is also a MIGRATE option that might work for you.

Reactions: doogald
Upvote 0
So, I tested MyBackup and it does look like it is capable of backing up events from the internal phone calendar.

I added an event to that calendar (since I don't normally use it) and had MyBackup make a backup of the phone calendar. There is an option in MyBackup to view your backup so I did that and sure enough the newly created event from the phone calendar was there. One thing, as I stated above, I do have the Pro version of MyBackup. I don't remember what the limitations are on the Free vs Pro versions but at worst you give that dev a couple $$ for their hard work.

Now, I have not tested the restore part of the equation but I think that will work as well.
In case it doesn't, I know that when you VIEW a backup file MyBackup stores a temporary data file in HTML format on your SD. So, if the restore fails you should be able to grab that file from the SD partition on your phone and manipulate it from there into a file that GMail can read.

Upvote 0
Doogald- Ended up using Backup Your Mobile- I turned off the stuff I wasn't needing but it will do the user applications, secure settings sms, mms cal logs user dictionary settings and wifi passwords as well as the calendar events. Is almost a root backup of the phone. I believe I will be hanging on to this one as it will do auto backups on a schedule to google drive or dropbox or onboard ram, encrypted or not. And a freebie! learned a lot through this- good and bad:) thanks for the hand hold- You, Thom and SNeitzel- This is THE most helpful forum I have ever been on, bar none! I know enough about cpu's to get in real trouble sometimes- desktop/laptop my son is my goto if I get stuck- I got dragged into hardware/software back in '96-'97 and some folks still hollar at me for help. Now I will be digging deeper on these devices:-( Learning never stops LOL! I'll be looking to pick your brains again later...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones