• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which case to get for the Connect? Dilemma, please help!

droidinmiami

May 25, 2012
I got a rubberized hard shell case (see below)

41f2Ki95LEL._SS500_.jpg

I'm not happy with it. The hard plastic case makes a lot of noise when using one hand to operate the phone.

Additionally the rubberized cover is totally slippery - not sticky whatsoever. I'm very disappointed.

At this point I'm not sure if the hard case/soft rubber combo will work out for me.

Maybe a simple rubber case (sticky please!) will do the trick.

What cases do you use? I'm looking for one that offers a good grip (stickiness) and that protects the phone well.

I'm looking forward to your cases. Please post pics or links so I can start comparing.

Thanks!

Hey, droidinmiami

If you want something that has grip, I would suggest going to any metropcs store near you and buying their stock hard/rubberized black case with a kickstand. It is $20 and I use it. I am also facing a dilemma at the moment though. The Lg Connect has a nice size, but I don't like the thickness with a added case. I am also afraid to use it naked, I was wondering if you or anybody else knew a case for the Lg Connect that is really thin.

Upvote 0
Hey, droidinmiami

If you want something that has grip, I would suggest going to any metropcs store near you and buying their stock hard/rubberized black case with a kickstand. It is $20 and I use it. I am also facing a dilemma at the moment though. The Lg Connect has a nice size, but I don't like the thickness with a added case. I am also afraid to use it naked, I was wondering if you or anybody else knew a case for the Lg Connect that is really thin.

The size of the phone is great and I hate to add bulk.

Of course you won't get much protection without added bulk - however I was trying to find something that's not overkill.

It just has to provide a good grip without slipping out of my hands. At this point I don't care whether it has a kickstand or a hard case on the inside.

I bought a Speck case for my iPod touch 2G and that one kicks a$$.
image.aspx

I love that case. Wish I could get it for the Connect.

Upvote 0
Hey, droidinmiami

that one is ugly and low quality

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by akikhia<br />
check it out. its ur dream case<br />
<br />
LG Connect 4G Holsters
<br />
What do you mean? The holster?<br />
<br />
I'm not interested in a holster.<br />
<br />
If you meant a specific case please post the direct link.<br />
Thanks.
its a combo man its 2 pieces a holster and case u can use one or the other or both the holster can act as a kickstand and so can the case. i never use the holster really but its very nice. the case is the best i got. i even got a supposedly aluminum back case n this is still way nicer. perfect amount of grip and flexibility not too much or too little and barely adds thickness to the phone. dont get those hybrid cases theyre so bulky u wont enjoy ur phone n will have trouble pulling out of ur pocket and putting it in

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
htc_viper_ballistic_sg_grande.jpg

I use this for my LG connect, it was made for the lg viper but fits well in my opinion. Hard rubberized gel under durable plastic shell It is on the expensive side but I have to say, it protects from drops rather well. It helps protect well for normal everyday use.

There is a draw back, it will make the phone a bit bigger. To me this isn't a problem as it will still fit in my pocket. Others this is a huge problem. To me this is keeping my phone well protected.

The case is from Ballistic SG series and was intended for LGLS840.
Direct link to the case. I am sure it can be found for cheaper elsewhere: LG Viper Ballistic Shell Gel (SG) Series Case | goballisticcase.com

Upvote 0
htc_viper_ballistic_sg_grande.jpg

I use this for my LG connect, it was made for the lg viper but fits well in my opinion. Hard rubberized gel under durable plastic shell It is on the expensive side but I have to say, it protects from drops rather well. It helps protect well for normal everyday use.

There is a draw back, it will make the phone a bit bigger. To me this isn't a problem as it will still fit in my pocket. Others this is a huge problem. To me this is keeping my phone well protected.

The case is from Ballistic SG series and was intended for LGLS840.
Direct link to the case. I am sure it can be found for cheaper elsewhere: LG Viper Ballistic Shell Gel (SG) Series Case | goballisticcase.com

Thanks for the tip.

Is the rubber on the outside smooth and slippery or is it sticky?

Does it provide good grip or will it just slip out of my hand?

I'm asking because the case I got (see my first post) is very smooth and silky and it feels like I lose the phone any second.

Does the hard shell case inside make noise when you handle to phone with one hand, putting some pressure on the case? Or is it absolutely quiet?

Is this the same one: http://www.amazon.com/Ballistic-SG-Series-LG-Viper/dp/B007U6EBT8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338920024&sr=8-2

Upvote 0
Not too sure what you are looking for when you say sticky.
Forgive me for not understanding.

I will say this, when I go surfing my pocket for it, with 2 fingers, the pointer and the thumb, i am grabbing it and taking it out without slipping.
I just took it out and gave it a squeeze in my hand, I didn't hear a thing. Like that cheap plastic sound some cases give.
It feels solid in my hands and to me feels like its not going anywhere. So in my opinion, I feel that it is a solid grip with the case.

Let me add that the hard case wraps around the soft rubber case.

That IS the case, and I am suddenly upset with the store that sold mine. I grossly overpaid lol.

This is all my opinion, and I hope it helps.

Upvote 0

Yes. I didn't check your link, how much are they @ Amazon +s/h? They are $14.99 @ the metro store. I haven't done it yet (headache) but I was going to see if they made an Otterbox for this phone. Has anyone checked into that?

Upvote 0
Not too sure what you are looking for when you say sticky.
Forgive me for not understanding.

I will say this, when I go surfing my pocket for it, with 2 fingers, the pointer and the thumb, i am grabbing it and taking it out without slipping.
I just took it out and gave it a squeeze in my hand, I didn't hear a thing. Like that cheap plastic sound some cases give.
It feels solid in my hands and to me feels like its not going anywhere. So in my opinion, I feel that it is a solid grip with the case.

Let me add that the hard case wraps around the soft rubber case.

That IS the case, and I am suddenly upset with the store that sold mine. I grossly overpaid lol.

This is all my opinion, and I hope it helps.

Didn't mean to upset you. I just always compare prices online before buying ANYTHING - LOL.

With "sticky" I mean a solid grip which means that if I grab it, I don't get the feeling it will slip right out of my hands like a bar of soap.

I got the case mentioned in my first post and just feels like that. It's a nice design but very poor build quality. The plastic is creaking and the rubber doesn't feel like rubber, it's just smooth and doesn't provide grip.

Actually a polished plastic surface might do better than this rubber surface. Really weird.

Your case does look a little bulky but if it is well constructed and provides a nice grip I might consider getting it.

Thanks for bringing it up! Appreciated!

Upvote 0
ae8dd50d-e978-828a.jpg

This case that I bought (mine is blue) when I bought my phone, that at first I seemed to like, I don't. The case comes up all around the edges to where it seems like the phone is sitting down inside it. To press your soft keys it's like you have to push your fingers down inside the bottom lip. On the hybrid case with kickstand the kickstand holds the phone up the wrong way for watching movies. I'm looking for another case with a kickstand, preferably one that when propped up the charging port is on top.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones