• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which CPU performance wise in smart phone mobile is better

kumaranil13k

Jan 10, 2020
Question Which CPU performance wise in smart phone mobile is better

I am planning to purchase new smart phone for video editing graphics designing and gaming android mobile in middle range

When I was looking to configuration I found all mobiles generally with octa core mobile processors (CPU)

But the OCTA core ( means 8 cores) it's with various varieties of combinations

1. Single Ocata core (8 cores)
2. Dual core (2)+ hexa core. (6)
3. Quad core (4) +quad core(4)
4. quad core (4)+ octa core

I want to know that the single.chip of octa core is better in performance or combination which distribute and process faster and better technically . I understand the processor frequenxy also matters

Secondly the make of mobile processors

1. Qualcom
2. Snapdragon
3. Exinos
4. Mediatek
5. Kint

Which of make of processors are good

Any specific configurations to consider for purchasing new mobile as performance in middle budget range for video editing graphic designing apps or gaming except battery ram and rom

Last edited:
It's honestly difficult to make a general statement based just on the core configuration. It will really depend not just on the clock speeds of the cores but their architectures (some cores will do more than others at the same clock speed) and the scheduler (how tasks are divided or switched between cores - get that wrong and performance will drop dramatically), so it's one of the things where just looking at the spec sheet doesn't always tell you the answer. About the only general statement I'll make is that in my observation SoCs (Systems on a Chip) with 8 identical cores generally have 8 low-powered, old design cores (such as the venerable ARM Cortex A53 design, which fancier SoCs tend to use a few of for low-power purposes in addition to some higher-powered cores). Even so that will suffice for many people's use, but such designs will be at the slower for demanding tasks.

Then there's also the GPU to consider, which is separate from the processor cores but also has an impact on performance, especially with graphically-intensive applications. And of course you need to decide how important battery life vs processing power is.

So unfortunately there is no simple answer. You will find some SoC comparisons amongst the smartphone reviews at Anandtech, but they tend to focus on higher-end devices and certainly won't have a comprehensive selection of comparisons. But it might be worth having a browse there.

As for manufacturers, "Snapdragon" is what Qualcomm call their mobile processors, so the first 2 are the same. Exynos is Samsung's processor line: in recent years Qualcomm have generally had the edge over them (especially with GPUs), at least in the high-end chips, but that doesn't mean that devices built on Exynos don't work perfectly well. MediaTek aren't competitive at the high end, but I don't know their midrange offerings so well. They are cheaper, which feeds through to device price, and so are often found in budget phones. If "Kint" is "Kirin" they are Huawei's processors, and as Exynos are generally found in Samsung devices Kirin are generally found in Huawei. Their GPUs are generally not as good as Qualcomm's (they use the same Mali GPUs that Samsung generally use in their Exynos processors, which usually deliver less performance per Watt of power than the comparable Qualcomm Adreno GPU), but again I know their high-end SoCs better than their mid-range (but as I'm unlikely to buy a Huawei I don't follow them too closely).

Upvote 0
It's honestly difficult to make a general statement based just on the core configuration. It will really depend not just on the clock speeds of the cores but their architectures (some cores will do more than others at the same clock speed)

@Hadron bro great reply thanks a lot... I knew we can't decide processor performance all from core speeds or processor build and architecture dies many things depends if we go to .minute study...but actually do not want to minute ..I know all can be check by benchmarks and through reviews performance

@Hadron bro as u said it's architecture or technically electronically design soldered on board or clubbed as told by you "(ARM Cortex A53)" can this architecture be found through manual or comparison config sites which compares architecture or we can find from manufacture website tech specs... Which architecture is best performance ...as ur personal prefrence form others.

Then there's also the GPU to consider, which is separate from the processor cores but also has an impact on performance, especially with graphically-intensive applications. And of course you need to decide how important battery life vs processing power is.

@Hadron bro yes GPU is major for graphics and video editing to...is the spec sheet or comparison website which compares GPU of mobiles to which GPU in mobiles u consider very good good and average in graphic performance.

As for manufacturers, "Snapdragon" is what Qualcomm call their mobile processors, so the first 2 are the same. Exynos is Samsung's processor line: in recent years Qualcomm have generally had the edge over them (especially with GPUs), at least in the high-end chips, but that doesn't mean that devices built on Exynos don't work perfectly well. MediaTek aren't competitive at the high end, but I don't know their midrange offerings so well. They are cheaper, which feeds through to device price, and so are often found in budget phones. If "Kint" is "Kirin" they are Huawei's processors, and as Exynos are generally found in Samsung devices Kirin are generally found in Huawei. Their GPUs are generally not as good as Qualcomm's (they use the same Mali GPUs that Samsung generally use in their Exynos

@Hadron bro as I think as ur prefrence opinion it means Qualcomm's Snapdragon is best in GPU then all others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones