• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Which screen protector do you have?

I bought a Zagg today, but now I'm a little leery about applying it, wondering how much it would hinder the use of the Swype keyboard if it offers resistance to quick finger sliding.

I use Zagg and do have swype on mine. I don't have any problem using it. I do have dry hands, so sweaty hands might have a little more difficulty using it.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, my name is Jeff.
I'm a car audio Installer in spokane wa and have been one of the lucky to have gotten a EVO on Friday launch day...I have to share this:

eBay.ph: 5X EZguardZ Sprint HTC EVO 4G LCD Screen Protector 5X (item 250643164061 end time Jul 02, 2010 01:25:57 PHT)

This is exactly like the ZAGG shields but 1.99 shipped for 5....I got mine on Wednesday and I'm telling you they are amazing....
Small hole for the cam and they fit PERFECT.
Thought you guys would wanna see this....
Also if you guys have any car audio questions hit me up...always willing to help.
Thanks.
Jeff.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, my name is Jeff.
I'm a car audio Installer in spokane wa and have been one of the lucky to have gotten a EVO on Friday launch day...I have to share this:

eBay.ph: 5X EZguardZ Sprint HTC EVO 4G LCD Screen Protector 5X (item 250643164061 end time Jul 02, 2010 01:25:57 PHT)

This is exactly like the ZAGG shields but 1.99 shipped for 5....I got mine on Wednesday and I'm telling you they are amazing....
Small hole for the cam and they fit PERFECT.
Thought you guys would wanna see this....
Also if you guys have any car audio questions hit me up...always willing to help.
Thanks.
Jeff.

i was just checking out this listing on ebay yesterday. for $2 shipped (for 5), it's very tempting. so you say they are just like the zagg? does that mean they are slightly sticky like the zagg? are there cutouts for the sensors as well?

there is a also a "premium" shield being sold on ebay that is a single protector for $2.50 shipped i think. i wonder what brand that one compares to. anyone buy one and can chime it?

Upvote 0
i was just checking out this listing on ebay yesterday. for $2 shipped (for 5), it's very tempting. so you say they are just like the zagg? does that mean they are slightly sticky like the zagg? are there cutouts for the sensors as well?

there is a also a "premium" shield being sold on ebay that is a single protector for $2.50 shipped i think. i wonder what brand that one compares to. anyone buy one and can chime it?

No cutouts for sensors,covers everything but the speaker and front cam. phone works perfect. Kinda sticky..kinda static-e. I have a ZAGG on my 64G ipod touch and I like this one every bit as much.....it kicks ass to be frank.

Upvote 0
I use the Zagg InvisiShield that I bought from best buy. It covers the entire face of the phone except for the proximity/light sensor, speaker grill/notification light, and the front facing camera.

I have had zero problems with the capacitive touch buttons registering my touches. When you first have it installed, it takes a little while to "break in" (it'll feel gummy at first) but now it feels just as good as (if not better than) using the glass.

It also seems to be smudge-resistant. On many of my older devices with glass screens, I didn't use a screen protector and they got smudged and gooked up really quick (having to clean it several times a day). I have yet to pull out the cleaning cloth and wipe this phone down since getting it Friday afternoon.

Just a quick review.

This is good news.....I was thinking about picking this one up today but wasn't sure. I did leave the Sprint store with the "Sprint" screen protectors but now seeing these I may have to go full face protection.

Upvote 0
I personally use the pt case from best buy mobile. I had a zagg installed that day and the pt case fit right over it 10 minutes after install. The zagg was nice protection wise. Maybe it's just me, but the zagg seemed thinner than the one I had on my pre. The tacky rubber feeling left after about a day. I ended up taking it off and ordered some phantom skinz. Always been a fan of their products. They came today and install was a sinch! Maybe it was because I have installed several on may devices. A word to the wise: shake off as much excess water and try to turn the device (evo) over and put over your head and squeege. Sounds crazy, but it helps the water to not end up in the device. My phantom skin is so smooth and clear. I cut the device back on 1 hour after install. Will let it dry overnight without the case on and reinstall in the morning. The case fit the device right after install, but I advise air drying. I say go for the phantom skinz, but to each his own...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones