• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

While in call my phone vibrates for email etc.

Boldt

Aug 16, 2010
Central Florida
I was on a call a bit ago outdoors and started to see lightning roll in - a few seconds later my phone vibrated while I was talking - not only did it terrify the shi% out of me (scared of lightning lol) but I nearly dropped my phone. Once I settled down I saw I had an email. I have been looking for a way to disable this feature for the Captivate with no success - please if anyone knows lemme know

If that happens while I am driving I can see myself wrecking the car. Freaky feeling to be buzzed like that on the ear :(

Thanks for any info

He's saying that if you shut vibration notifications off (as you guys described) it'll turn it off all the time, not just when he's in a call, which is what he wants.

Try going to Settings -> Call Settings -> All calls -> Alerts on call -> Off ... I did that and I don't know if it worked but it hasn't buzzed me since (I just don't remember if I've gotten any notifications during a call).

Btw OP that exact scenario happened to me too hahah

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones