• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

White dot on new Xperia T?

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Just got my second Xperia T from 3 netwrok via their direct order over the phone, not in store. The first handset had some white specks on the screen (dead pixels I'm assuming). Irritated, as this is meant to have a brilliant HD screen (which it does) I promptly ordered a replacement handset. It arrived today and I sent the first one back. Taking this brand new one out the box I notice a white speck at the top of the screen, more visible than the others beforehand too. Any explanation and solutions?

Many thanks fellow androiders.

Hi, and welcome!

I am not aware of any way to recover dead screen pixels. I would contact the vendor again--it may be that the particular model has a problem with that. Ask them if they can send you another and test it before they send it out. (Not sure if they will do that, but it would save you some frustration if they did.)

You might also consider joining forums, going to your phone's folder and asking other users if they are having the same problem. If they are, you might want to switch to a different phone.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones