• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who else is waiting?

O2 never know anything. On desire release day, some people had to phone up a few times to order it as one entire call centre didnt even know the phone existed. I put 0% trust in anything O2 say about handset releases. I phoned up on about 4 release dates for the desire because they simply guessed what date it would be released as teh staff on the phones dont get told anything.

It might be a rare case that its actually true but I sincerely doubt if it is true, that its nothing more than fluke on O2's part

Upvote 0
I expect to know fairly quickly when this is closer to release, I've got (or more to the point AndroidNZ has got) the beginnings of a reasonable relationship with Huawei here in NZ (I'm on their press release list and they're sending my a G300 to review which seems like a reasonable start). Will obviously drop any info I get here (unless it comes with an NDA, in which case I will chomp at the bit until I can disclose).

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
The Jelly Bean showcasing at I/O just put the nail in the coffin on this phone for me, because we know Huawei won't push it.

By the way SUroot, as I scrolled down this page I saw you posted a pic of the D Quad with it's back cover off, showing a fixed battery.... So there's the curtain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones