• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WHOA! Rogue app. AVOID!

Robinelli

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
U.S.
Yesterday I installed Where's My Droid. I tested it and it did not work. For whatever reason I didn't uninstall it. HOURS and HOURS later in the middle of the night, my phone went crazy. At 2:50am the night before a huge exam, my phone started re-receiving previously received texts. I thought my friends had gone crazy... UNTIL this morning I found out my phone had texted THEM! Apparently my phone was sending out previously sent texts and also receiving previously received texts. It just spazzed. I have since uninstalled the app but I wanted to share that I am pretty certain this app caused it. Unless you want a bunch of pissed off people in your life I'd recommend avoiding this one LOL!

Yesterday I installed Where's My Droid. I tested it and it did not work. For whatever reason I didn't uninstall it. HOURS and HOURS later in the middle of the night, my phone went crazy. At 2:50am the night before a huge exam, my phone started re-receiving previously received texts. I thought my friends had gone crazy... UNTIL this morning I found out my phone had texted THEM! Apparently my phone was sending out previously sent texts and also receiving previously received texts. It just spazzed. I have since uninstalled the app but I wanted to share that I am pretty certain this app caused it. Unless you want a bunch of pissed off people in your life I'd recommend avoiding this one LOL!

Are you sure? This is one of the best APPS i've ever installed. Been using it for a while, no problems, has helped me find my phone on more than one occasion.

something else must be going on.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it was the app. The Where's my droid texts didn't come through until this morning. I haven't installed anything else recently and never had this problem before. I do have a lot of things on my phone (like a silent/toggle widget) that could have effected the performance. If it happens again and is not related to that app I'll post about it.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it was the app. The Where's my droid texts didn't come through until this morning. I haven't installed anything else recently and never had this problem before. I do have a lot of things on my phone (like a silent/toggle widget) that could have effected the performance. If it happens again and is not related to that app I'll post about it.

hey robinelli, this actually DID happen to me also, but you know what, it was T-Mobiles fault. I used another phone, and texted myself "wheres my droid" and didn't get it till the middle of the night. the culprit was t-mobile, the text had failed to go through, and didn't go through again till at night.

I bet this is what happend to you also.

Upvote 0

A conflict with another app I wonder? Or does this sort of thing even happen on Android?

Upvote 0
I also had problems with delayed messages (sending and receiving) the other night - the real kicker was around 1AM on the 20th both my phone and my wife's phone started going off with messages we'd sent each other around 8PM on the 19th. I'm going to have to say in this case I don't think it was the software.

same here.... odd I thought it was just me... 2 of my friends got random txt messages in the middle of the night that i had actually sent the day before. in both cases they were multi page txts. and they got the second half late. one at 4 one at almost 6 and one at 9 all while I was asleep.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones