• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why cant i put more than 1 gmail account in the gmail app?

i am only asking this because when the phone was being activated, the Verizon rep told me that under the gmail app on the bionic, you could only put the main gmail account. all other gmail accounts had to go into the email app?
i went along with it so i could get my phone but find it hard to believe. is this true? i loved the gmail app on my OG droid and was able to quickly switch between account but most of all i was able to assign a different alert tone to each account so without even looking i could tell what account just got mail by the alert tone.
is there a fix for this or an update coming?

i did a search for answers but all the post were for other phones like the incredible.

hope i am not out of luck here :mad:

I tried that and for some reason the bionic adds the new account to the general email app and will not put it in the gmail app. i did it the way posted and when i push the add account button i the gmail app, it redirects me to an ADD ACCOUNT page and then places the gmail account i am adding into the general messaging app

why is that?

Upvote 0
this is the screen i get when i press the add account button in the gmail app. i have no choice but to use the email button and it puts the account in the general email app

email.JPG

Upvote 0
OH MY GOD! I AM SUCH A ******!
i was thrown off! there was actually a gmail button but it was black so i didnt notice it, i feel like such an ass!
thanks for all your help
i going to bury my head in the sand out of shame right now

wow the forum sensors the word r3tard but not ass?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones