• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do I have to press Shift + F5??

Clearing cache worked however this has happened before. I will clear the cache and everything will work for a while and then for some reason it breaks again. It might be a chrome thing but of all the blogs I frequent it only happens with phandroid.com. I am using the Chrome dev versions if that is useful info.

I will pay closer attention to this and update you with any changes. Thanks

Upvote 0
Okay I've been testing this with two different browsers on two different computers at different places/ISP's. The behavior is pretty consistent. If I am visiting the site for the first time (after clearing cache or on a computer that has never visited the site) everything goes well. After some time I will re-open the browser and return to the website and will be greeted with the same page I was viewing when I left it. In order to see the latest entries I must refresh (F5) the page. A regular refresh seems to work meaning that I no longer have to press shift and F5.

Browsers - Chrome (dev), Internet Explorer 7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones