• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do you need Wifi if you have G3??? Educate me please

lkosova

Oct 31, 2008
Please educate me here. Why does the G1 have wifi when it has Edge and G3????

How and where would you use it. Would you not use Edge when G3 is turned off????

I see there is a tmobile hotspot application but unless I have a computer with me, what is the point???

I guess my point is you "have" to buy a data package for internet etc access anyway.

Thanks,

Larry

Upvote 0
Got my phone yesterday and am loving it. Although there is no game pre-installed so I will have to look up the games section later.

For those who own the phone, can you tell me how I can select whether I want to use either WiFi or 3G? On my old phone I get an option but can't find this on G1......(I bet it's somewhere blantantly obvious). Please tell me...

The last thing I want while overseas is to clock up a huge bill on 3G roaming..(by the way the connection seems quite fast)

TIA

Tabasco

Upvote 0
Got my phone yesterday and am loving it. Although there is no game pre-installed so I will have to look up the games section later.

For those who own the phone, can you tell me how I can select whether I want to use either WiFi or 3G? On my old phone I get an option but can't find this on G1......(I bet it's somewhere blantantly obvious). Please tell me...

The last thing I want while overseas is to clock up a huge bill on 3G roaming..(by the way the connection seems quite fast)

TIA

Tabasco
If wifi is turned on, and it's connected to a network, it uses wifi. If not, it uses a wireless (non-wifi, that is) data connection.

Upvote 0

TIA

Tabasco
just click menu>setting>wireless controls>wi-fi

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones