1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Why does my phone widen my body when it detects my face?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HollowLyn, Dec 16, 2018.

1. HollowLyn

HollowLyn Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2018
    When I'm using the regular selfie mode to take a picture of my body, at first it is totally normal. In fact, when I have my face in the frame, for the first few seconds I look normal. Then it does the face detect thing and decides to just widen my face and body. ??? Does anyone know why it does this or if there's a way to turn that off? I don't understand why it feels to need to suddenly reshape me.

I just want to take a normal picture. But here it is changing my body and adding eyelashes that wig out if my hair covers my eye (which I realize is the filters, so I turned that off) and making my lips hardcore pixely.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Install a different camera app from the play store that doesn't do crap like the one you're having issues with

3. bcrichster

bcrichster Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    Electrical, Electronics
    Florida
    Don't blame the camera, you may just have a medical condition that needs investigated. Lol. Musicians have a saying: 'don't blame the instrument when the defect is actually the person holding it'.. Something to consider, no offenses intended

Dannydet likes this.
  4. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    How are you actually viewing your selfies? Through your camera app's display? The Gallery app on your phone?
    It sounds like you're viewing them through something like one of Instagram's filters.

bcrichster and Dannydet like this.