• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why does the Android Emulator keep resetting the "Enable keyboard input" setting

mmoser

Jun 28, 2010
In the advanced settings of an AVD (Android Virtual Device) configuration there is a checkbox "Enable keyboard input" which - when checked - allows to use your computer's input to input text into the emulated application (instead or additionally to the emulated device's onscreen keyboard).
This setting is very handy when developing and debugging an application, but for some odd reason the Emulator keeps unchecking this checkbox from time to time. Does anyone have an idea why or when this is happening?
I always only notice this when - after firing up the application under test - I again can't enter text using my laptop's keyboard. :-(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones