• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why I might wait for the iPhone 5

Well as an SGS2 "Sim Free" user, I really don't think that I will be wasting my hard earned cash on a SGS3.

The reason being that after the debacle regarding the ICS "upgrade" where we who pay the full price upfront, got treated like dirt and were the last to receive this what I now know to be a disappointing "upgrade" with loads of bugs!

Upvote 0
There's a lot of talk about the usefulness of Google wallet here. The Google wallet I have requires either a citibank Mastercard or a prepaid google card to use it for payments. That doesn't seem useful to me. Is it not the same for others?

Google wallet and Google checkout are now linked. Whatever card/bank account is charged when you purchase apps on Google Play would also work with Google Wallet

Upvote 0
Google wallet and Google checkout are now linked. Whatever card/bank account is charged when you purchase apps on Google Play would also work with Google Wallet

is this what you mean?

Google Commerce: Building one wallet: Google Checkout is transitioning to Google Wallet

it doesn't work the way you're suggesting. you can't use any card you want. unless i'm reading it wrong? i know my visa card connected to google checkout certainly isn't showing up in google wallet for me

Reactions: chrlswltrs
Upvote 0
is this what you mean?

Google Commerce: Building one wallet: Google Checkout is transitioning to Google Wallet

it doesn't work the way you're suggesting. you can't use any card you want. unless i'm reading it wrong? i know my visa card connected to google checkout certainly isn't showing up in google wallet for me

That is what I was thinking of. Thanks for clarifying. I thought it would work, but I haven't had the opportunity to use Google Wallet since it isn't available to make purchases around Seattle yet

Upvote 0
So then, it just a Citibank Mastercard or a prepaid google card? I'm not going to the trouble of keeping tabs on a prepaid account just so I can use my phone to pay for stuff, especially when I can grab my bank card and know there is money there. I guess I could look into how bad citibank wants to rip me off, but otherwise not really useful until you can link your real sources of payments to the account.

Upvote 0
I got the Galaxy S2 on release day after changing from iPhone4. I considered myself converted then from iOS to Android. I do love Android, but if Apple's next iPhone is a beauty I will go for that.
I had everything in place for GS3 release. I had my GS2 waiting on Ebay ready to go, but then got knocked back with the GS3.
I think the LG Optimus and Xperia S look nicer with their boxy look. This seams almost to be a reworked Nexus.
I'm going to wait for iPhone 5 and then decide. That's not to say it will be the iPhone, LG, Sony and HTC currently have my full attention.
All I can say for sure is it won't be the GS3. :(

Upvote 0
Sounds like the design alone is killing it for some folks. I admit, the design is popping but it still looks nice to me. I'm thinking about slapping the blue back on the white one when I get it. But the software alone does it for me. At the end of the day the user experience matters the most. It has awesome specs. Sammy has been the first this year to show specs are nice but eventually it'll come down to software. Specs can only do so much. We need the software to catch up now with features to utilize the hardware. The hardware we have has never been maxed out. I want my phone fun to use and sexy from the inside out. from specs to OS, SGS III is sexy. The design isn't sexy, but it is attractive, to me anyways. I be sure Apple will be doing the same thing as far as revamping their OS with cool features. I'm sure they'll have a better design as well. I guess the design with a pleasurable OS is the go to device for most.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones