• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is the Atrix 4g category so dead lately?

I just do not see the passion for Android and this phone that I saw in the different Blackberry and Apple forums. There you were always looking for a new OS or mod you could use. Here the Atrix is so locked down that you cannot even root it. Don't get me wrong I love my Atrix and will not go back to BB. But the obsessiveness and passion that I have seen in iOS and BB users is sorely lacking here.

Quite sure the world will get along fine knowing "you" don't see the passion of one smart phone vs another :rolleyes:...

Upvote 0
We're to busy learning new things about it. I just learned how to use the "Phone Portal" app using wifi. (Very cool.) Now, I don't have to hook my phone up to the computer, using the USB cable, to transfer music, pictures and docs. The message light has three different colors: red, blue and green. (Not sure what each one stands for though) When on a call using bluetooth, the notification bar flashes, either green or red. (I don't remember) Also, I can pull down the notification bar and end the call from there, if I left the dialer app. I'm loving my Atrix and all the cool things about it. :D

Upvote 0
I think it has slowed down a bit because a lot of people are on the XDA forums learning and discussing the Atrix and its capability's.

There seems to be a pattern with This forum vs the XDA forum.
When a phone first comes out this forum is very active, then once everyone has stopped saying how bad ass their phone is they turn to XDA to figure out what they can now actually do to and with the phone.

Once users start learning what the Jedi masters of at XDA have developed for us then they come back here to tell the users who are not aware of these options, mods and hacks.

Then we discuss and help each other here because i feel the Androidforums has a much less stuffier atmosphere than XDA.

Not to knock XDA at all, i love that forum and everyone in the community.
But keeping in mind that forum was originally made for Devs thus they are a little more strict and don't have as much patience for newb's as AF does.

I personally have chosen AF as my main Android forum but because i am good at learning about flashing and modding and stuff like that i use XDA a lot and then come back here with that knowledge if anyone requires help.

But am still always learning as we go.

cheers

Upvote 0
We're to busy learning new things about it. I just learned how to use the "Phone Portal" app using wifi. (Very cool.) Now, I don't have to hook my phone up to the computer, using the USB cable, to transfer music, pictures and docs. The message light has three different colors: red, blue and green. (Not sure what each one stands for though) When on a call using bluetooth, the notification bar flashes, either green or red. (I don't remember) Also, I can pull down the notification bar and end the call from there, if I left the dialer app. I'm loving my Atrix and all the cool things about it. :D

you forgot purple :)

Upvote 0
I think it has slowed down a bit because a lot of people are on the XDA forums learning and discussing the Atrix and its capability's.

There seems to be a pattern with This forum vs the XDA forum.
When a phone first comes out this forum is very active, then once everyone has stopped saying how bad ass their phone is they turn to XDA to figure out what they can now actually do to and with the phone.

Once users start learning what the Jedi masters of at XDA have developed for us then they come back here to tell the users who are not aware of these options, mods and hacks.

Then we discuss and help each other here because i feel the Androidforums has a much less stuffier atmosphere than XDA.

Not to knock XDA at all, i love that forum and everyone in the community.
But keeping in mind that forum was originally made for Devs thus they are a little more strict and don't have as much patience for newb's as AF does.

I personally have chosen AF as my main Android forum but because i am good at learning about flashing and modding and stuff like that i use XDA a lot and then come back here with that knowledge if anyone requires help.

But am still always learning as we go.

cheers

I agree. Each forum has their purpose. like this forum and AC, I use them when a phone I am interested in is first announced and then speculations happen - because that is when those forums are most active and fun.
But once the phone comes out, I go to XDA to look and find stuff that I would never have figured out about my phone and whether to do stuff here and there with it.
Once I have a grip of my phone, I then settle at a forum catered specifically to that phone, but occasionally jump back to XDA, phandroid, AC, etc... to see if these forums moved much with more info, or not.

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones