• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why no ActionShot?!?

Thanks cmybliss - Tested that setting based on your recommendation. No, that's not it. Or perhaps there are additional settings which enable the mode that I'm not seeing?

For a better explanation of ActionShot, in my first post, hit the link to the wiki site showing the example.

I wonder if using burst mode then stitching them together to form a panoramic view would work. I'll dig around in the settings and see if I can come up with something. A fresh set if eyes and all that.

Upvote 0
I sent an email off to Samsung. They state Action Shot is NOT a feature on SGS3. Too bad... I really liked it.
So, either Sorka was using just a Panorama shot, or was using a third-party app. Any ideas?!?

Yes, it looks like Sorka was panning from left to right as his daughter traversed in the same direction. That's how she got into the panorama more than once. After this thread I wish the S3 had Action shot. That looks like a GREAT feature. Of course you can always do what Sorka did. Use the panorama mode on the S3 and just wait for your subject to get into position before panning the phone enough to snap the next image.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones