1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why no ActionShot?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coldcase, Aug 16, 2012.

1. coldcase

coldcase Lurker

On my S1 (and I've read on S2 as well) a camera setting of "Action" was well used. S3 is in hand, but no action shot? Am I just missing it, or has this feature been axed from S3?
    If axed, any tech reason why? Any app recommendation that provides the functionality?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cmybliss

cmybliss Android Enthusiast

I think the setting you are looking for is called "sport" on the SIII.

3. coldcase

coldcase Lurker

Thanks cmybliss - Tested that setting based on your recommendation. No, that's not it. Or perhaps there are additional settings which enable the mode that I'm not seeing?

For a better explanation of ActionShot, in my first post, hit the link to the wiki site showing the example.

4. cmybliss

I wonder if using burst mode then stitching them together to form a panoramic view would work. I'll dig around in the settings and see if I can come up with something. A fresh set if eyes and all that.

5. disc golfin

disc golfin Well-Known Member

6. cmybliss

7. coldcase

coldcase Lurker

Thanks DG! I've sent Sorka an IM asking how. I'm glad to see that it's still a feature on S3. Would have been sorely missed!

8. coldcase

coldcase Lurker

I sent an email off to Samsung. They state Action Shot is NOT a feature on SGS3. Too bad... I really liked it.
    So, either Sorka was using just a Panorama shot, or was using a third-party app. Any ideas?!?

disc golfin likes this.
  9. disc golfin

disc golfin Well-Known Member

I believe it may just be the Panorama setting.....I just saw a new SIII commercial the other day that showed a pic something like Sorka's and I believe it was in Panorama Mode.

10. sorka

sorka Android Enthusiast

Just the Panorama mode.

11. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

Yes, it looks like Sorka was panning from left to right as his daughter traversed in the same direction. That's how she got into the panorama more than once. After this thread I wish the S3 had Action shot. That looks like a GREAT feature. Of course you can always do what Sorka did. Use the panorama mode on the S3 and just wait for your subject to get into position before panning the phone enough to snap the next image.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews