• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why won't my Droid receive updates?

I'm having an issue with my Droid. I unrooted my phone from 2.2 because I ran tests on it and found that it is not running as well as it should be. I went to 2.1 and then found out that it was still rooted so my brother and I unrooted again down to stock 2.0.1. Now my phone will not receive the OTA so I can upgrade to stock 2.1. Does anyone know why it won't receive the update?

well the update is still flyin around even though they plan on sending out a second one later. you might have just not received it yet, you should get it wether you're on 2.0 or 2.1.

EDIT: I reread and i think you're are talking about the 2.1 ota. they stopped sending that one out a loong time ago. You would have to manually install 2.1.

here's how if you want to http://www.droid-life.com/2010/03/31/manual-android-2-1-update-for-motorola-droid/

but i suggest you wait for 2.2 ota

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones