• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi Fi huawei Ascend

And this might help, but where it says "Wi-Fi" right below there it says "disconnected" and on my network name it says "Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK"

Try to adjust the wireless settings on the router and check...

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...

Click on the Wireless tab,Change the SSID(network name) to some unique name,Change the Wide Channel to 40MHz only,Wide Channel to 9 and Standard Channel to 11-2.462GHz.Click on save settings.Under the subtab wireless security check the security key.

Now,try to connect your phone again.

Upvote 0
I already typed my password in, it just doesn't connect :(

I had the same problem when I first rooted the phone. What I found out was that the name of the phone changed when I rooted it. On my WIFI I have a secure list of what can connect to the WIFI even if they have the password and since my phone had a different name, it could never connect. I had to open my WIFI and let "anything" connect and then saved the new name to the WIFI router software and I could connect again. Took me like a week to notice it, was very annoying before I figured this out.

Check your WIFI to see if it has that type of security and make sure your phone's name is on that list.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones