• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi and VoLTE calling query

Ian Preddy

Aug 18, 2018
Hi,

My mobile provider has emailed me:

We are very pleased to share that WiFi Calling and 4G Calling (VoLTE) is now available on the Lebara network.

There are (incomplete) instructions for switching on wifi calling, which I've done, but there isn't anything that indicates whether it's active or how I switch between methods.

There are also instructions for setting up VoLTE calling, but I can't recognise any as applying to this model. Again, please assist.

In case it matters, below is the full content of the email.

Thanks,

Ian

We are very pleased to share that WiFi Calling and 4G Calling (VoLTE) is now available on the Lebara network. We are rolling out the service in phases and you are one of our first customers to be able to use this feature. Please see below the information on how to set up these features on your device.
How do I set up WiFi calling on my phone/handset?
To set up WiFi Calling on your phone, follow the simple steps below.
  1. Go to SETTINGS on the Home screen of your phone
  2. Select PHONES
  3. Select WiFi CALLING
  4. Turn ON the toggle for WiFi calling and return to Home screen
  5. You should see WiFiCall icon on the top right of the screen
Some steps may differ based on your device model. Click here to view detailed step by step guidance for each device. We run on the Vodafone network, therefore , you will be redirected to our partner Vodafone’s website to view this information.
How can I check if my device is compatible with 4G Calling?
You can check to see if your phone is compatible with 4G Calling by following the steps below
  1. Find out your IMEI number(Dial *#06# from your phone to get your IMEI number)
  2. Click here to Insert your IMEI number and follow instructions to enable 4G calling on your handset. You will be directed to our partner Vodafone’s device Help section to complete this process.
How do I set up 4G Calling on my phone?
To set up 4G Calling (VoLTE) calling on your phone, follow the simple steps below. To turn on VoLTE, you need to select 4G (LTE) as network mode.
  1. Go to SETTINGS
  2. Select Voice & Data
  3. Select Mobile Data
  4. Select Mobile Data Options
  5. Select Voice & Data
  6. Turn toggle ON to activate VoLTE calling
Some steps may differ based on your device model. Click here to view detailed step by step guidance for each device. You will be redirected to our partner Vodafone’s website to view this information.
For more information on Wifi and VoLTE and how to set up your devices, visithttps://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/wifi-volte

Thanks for your prompt response. The email provides links to several makes and models, including the A5, but what I'm supposed to see isn't there. On the basis that, "if all else fails, read the instructions" I looked up this document:

SM-A320_A520_A720_UM_EU_Marshmallow_Eng_Rev.1.2_170209.pdf

There's not a single reference to wi-fi calling. The attached screen shots show what I can see. When I click on Wi-Fi Calling on the Connections screen (Screen 1), I get Screen 2, with it switched on. I can't see anything that would help me switch to that facility. Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

Attachments

• Screen 1.jpg
    Screen 1.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Screen 2.jpg
    Screen 2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
Thanks for your prompt response. The email provides links to several makes and models, including the A5, but what I'm supposed to see isn't there. On the basis that, "if all else fails, read the instructions" I looked up this document:

SM-A320_A520_A720_UM_EU_Marshmallow_Eng_Rev.1.2_170209.pdf

There's not a single reference to wi-fi calling. The attached screen shots show what I can see. When I click on Wi-Fi Calling on the Connections screen (Screen 1), I get Screen 2, with it switched on. I can't see anything that would help me switch to that facility. Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Ian
well based on what you posted, you have wifi calling turned on. not sure what else you need to know. as long as you have wifi and wifi calling is turned on, then you should be good to go.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones