• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi detecting/connecting "error"

asjtaylor

Lurker
Nov 25, 2011
After purchasing an ideos u8150 approximately a week ago with no problems, I am all of a sudden have problems detecting and connecting to wireless networks.

Usually in my apartment block there are between 5 and 10 different wireless networks that I can detect, however recently (starting yesterday 25th novmber at approximately midnight New Zealand time) I am unable to detect any at all (I have tried at my parents house where laptops and ipods are all succesfully connected wireless to the router, but once again it can not detect any wireless networks.)

When I click wifi, it cycles to "Turning on..." and then after approx 10 seconds, simply "error" with no other information.

Remedys I have tried include factory reset, turning phone on and off several times, disabling 3G, turning airplane mode on and off, none of which are helping.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones