• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I tried one or two apps, It didn't work for me. But I don't have an original wii controller. Mine was Nyko, I think that may play a part but i'm not 100% sure. I'm sure it does though. It would be nice for my NES emulator :)

I don't even have a wii at all lol... wii emulator on pc called dolphin is pretty good these days. That with a wireless sensor bar and you're good to go.

Upvote 0
Just got my bluetooth adapter and wireless senor bar the other day and a pair of red/cyan 3D glasses to boot.

You know you can play games on Dolphin in 3D right? All you need is a compatible NVidia Card and set up the 3D drivers in the NVidia control panel to use whats called NVidia 3D Discover. I personally have a EVGA Geforce GTS 250 and it works great.

There's one hitch though. You must enable "Background Input" in the controller settings for your controllers to work. All keyboard hotkeys are taken over by the NVidia 3D interface so you can't hit Esc to exit a game or use whatever button it is for save states. The only way out of a game is by pressing Alt+Tab and it crashes the emulator. This is most likely because 3D must be run in fullscreen mode and this takes you out of a fullscreen state thus crashing the emulator.

I've made suggestions on the Dolphin forums to try and get a work around like perhaps mapping the hot keys to controller button combos but I doubt it will be implemented into any builds.

Upvote 0
I know this is an old thread but no sense in making another...is there any way now to connect the wii remote to my optimus m? or is there an alternative other than a wii remote? got Links Awakening running SMOOTH through gbcoid and the onscreen dpad is killing me (4 hours into the game already using it lol) so please any info on how I can get the wii remote to sync with the phone or an alternative controller would be great! thanks.

Reactions: jrocivxx
Upvote 0
Yeah, I read that too so I was hoping if support has come for ps3 that it has come for wiimote as well since I own the wii but not ps3, too bad my xbox remote doesnt use bluetooth as much as I love my xbox microsoft lets me down way more than makes me happy lol. thanks for the quick response though, I am considering a trip to the pawn shop/game stop for a ps3 remote.

Upvote 0
I've been using CM7 ROM from the day I bought my Optimus M (About a month ago.) I had CM6 and then later CM7 on my Verizon Droid and became familiar with it. I left Verizon for MetroPCS when Android phones became available in my area (Flint, Michigan. We're !EONS! behind the rest of the world technology wise.), and seeing that I could use CM7 was awesome.

Anyway, I don't notice any abnormal battery usage on CM7. It might be a bit more than stock, and perhaps a bit more than even the Sense ROM, but at the end of the day after using it HEAVILY on both 1xRTT and WiFi, I still have around 45% battery life left. Then again, I'm also using the OC kernel and that might make a difference.

I've never used the Sense ROM, so I can't compare the two.

On a side note, I've never attempted emulators on my phone. I have a 1001 PSP thats modded to hades and back, and do all of my emulating on that. I've often wondered how certain emulators would work on a touch screen phone. (N64, PS1/2, even SNES!) Feedback would be awesome, because having Contra and TMNT Turtles in Time wherever I go would be superb! :p

Upvote 0
Yeah the battery does seem to drain by the end of the night but that could just be that I'm using it more too. I havent tried any other roms yet cause I'm liking this one (cm7) so much.

As for touch screen buttons and emulators go it depends on your phone. The optimus V is not that good. The screen is just to small and crowded and alot of the time buttons are unresponsive. (part of the reason I flashed to use wii remote instead). LOL those were the first games I downloaded along with punchout and abadox on NES. I couldn't see myself playing through more then 5 minutes of TNT on this phone without wiimote. HOWEVER I've played fps games on my bro's iphone (bfbc2, mw:zombies) and the virtual pad was pretty nice. So If you ever upgrade down the road to a bigger screen it is worth it.

:On the psp: I had one too and I'm about to get another one from my bro. I was running ISOs but can you get a 64 emulator on that?

I switched from tmobil to virgin almost went metro, I'm in Kzoo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones