• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Will 2.3 Flashable ROM Get Update Like OTA is Getting on 6/20??

This question might be a little off-point...little technical actually...

I don't know the full extent of the OTA update that is going to happen but one thing is that Netflix is supposedly going to be fixed. Here's my question...

If the Netflix option was the ONLY thing to get fixed, would the XDA guys who put out the ROM update the ROM and have us (if we cared to) flash the FULL ROM update to implement the fix?? Or is it possible, or likely, that the devs could simply post an UPDATE to the original ROM from back on 6/5/11 without having to do a "full flash"??

I was just wondering the options, possibilities and factors that are taken into consideration??
:eek:

Upvote 0
that's a really hard question to answer. at least until the update has been released. for sure there will be a new rom from xda to flash.

will there there be a update to an existing rom? well that depends on what sprint releases and which rom or dev you are coming from.

I would expect roms like fresh or sprint lovers you will be able to flash as an update.. but not 100% on that.

I would expect roms from devs like Mik, king, virus to implement the changes in their next release... which may very well require a full wipe as there can and will be probably more to their release then just the fixes released by sprint.

for me... full wipe and fresh install regardless of what my dev releases ;)

Reactions: scudder
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones