• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Will a factory reset help me get back to the root?

I recently updated my rooted Ally to version 2.2.1 which I know now shut down the ability to keep my phone rooted. Ive read a lot and there doesnt seem to be a way to root the new update. Is their a way to get back to the old version, perhaps trying factory reset? I really just want to be able to root my phone once more to use internet at home for my work :thinking:help!

the guide tells you where to put the files...should only be 2 files that go onto your sd card, the rest are on the puter. follow the instructions very carefully, and you should be fine. read, reread, then re-reread. after this, you can download barnacle, pdanet, whatever you were using before to have wireless tether again.

Upvote 0
& i will once again have internet at home? im going crazy running into work just for the internet usage!

If you just want to root for internet there is a program called SuperOneClick 1.6.3 that is a much easier to use at [APP]SuperOneClick v1.6.3 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developersMake sure to get version 6.3.1 and follow the instructions on the page exactly, and consider donating to the developer if it helps you.
You can also look through the thread on here about it http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/269555-oneclick-root-ally-2-2-1-froyo-avaiable.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones