1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will a factory reset help me get back to the root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by peachiebeachie, Feb 2, 2011.

1. peachiebeachie

I recently updated my rooted Ally to version 2.2.1 which I know now shut down the ability to keep my phone rooted. Ive read a lot and there doesnt seem to be a way to root the new update. Is their a way to get back to the old version, perhaps trying factory reset? I really just want to be able to root my phone once more to use internet at home for my work :thinking:help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. socobandit

socobandit Well-Known Member

3. peachiebeachie

& i will once again have internet at home? im going crazy running into work just for the internet usage!

4. peachiebeachie

oh my... where do i download this stuff to my phone or a computer?

5. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Android Enthusiast

You need a computer....its telling you you need WIndows....

6. socobandit

socobandit Well-Known Member

the guide tells you where to put the files...should only be 2 files that go onto your sd card, the rest are on the puter. follow the instructions very carefully, and you should be fine. read, reread, then re-reread. after this, you can download barnacle, pdanet, whatever you were using before to have wireless tether again.

7. peachiebeachie

ok hen i d/l do i save or open files & how do i extract them

8. dautley

dautley Android Expert

If you just want to root for internet there is a program called SuperOneClick 1.6.3 that is a much easier to use at [APP]SuperOneClick v1.6.3 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developersMake sure to get version 6.3.1 and follow the instructions on the page exactly, and consider donating to the developer if it helps you.
    You can also look through the thread on here about it http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/269555-oneclick-root-ally-2-2-1-froyo-avaiable.html

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews