• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help will a lot of apps not work with internal memory?

Ncage1974

Mar 22, 2010
I know a lot of apps using microsd for storage. I'm not talking about the app themself i know they are limited to the storage in ROM i'm just talking about data the app reads/write. I was searching why my maps weren't working with the weather channel app and found this thread:
http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/71829-weather-channel-radar-not-working.html

Also tried to download and use epicurious and it crashes every time (thinking it stores usage data on your MicroSD. I'm theorizing because i don't have a microsd card in my phone and maybe a lot of apps have trouble using the incredibles internal 8GB of memory? Thinking on buying a 8GB MicroSD card just for this. What do you guys think?

thanks,
Ncage

Yep, apps have to be modified to "see" the space in emmc path.

This is a reason also why a home grown rom will be a problem, unless the mapping is done to account for the space. If not, not even the OS and stock apps will see the space. Example would be if the Desire had a rom already and someone tried to tweak it for Incredible. Desire roms do not have emmc storage like Inc.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I bought from amazon so i didn't get the free microsd card. Looks like i will be ordering one tonight. Not a big deal but to bad that when google created the api that i didn't do it in such a way that applications would see this memory as the same thing. Apparently they didn't though. Not a bid deal though will just get a MicroSD from newegg.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones