1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support will a lot of apps not work with internal memory?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ncage1974, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Ncage1974

Ncage1974 Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I know a lot of apps using microsd for storage. I'm not talking about the app themself i know they are limited to the storage in ROM i'm just talking about data the app reads/write. I was searching why my maps weren't working with the weather channel app and found this thread:
    http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/71829-weather-channel-radar-not-working.html

Also tried to download and use epicurious and it crashes every time (thinking it stores usage data on your MicroSD. I'm theorizing because i don't have a microsd card in my phone and maybe a lot of apps have trouble using the incredibles internal 8GB of memory? Thinking on buying a 8GB MicroSD card just for this. What do you guys think?

thanks,
    Ncage

Advertisement

2. Berner

Berner Android Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Most third-party applications and even at least one HTC application cannot use the internal memory.

You might have been entitled to a free sd card when you bought your phone. They were giving them away in order to prevent publicity about the exact issue you are experiencing.

3. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Yep, apps have to be modified to "see" the space in emmc path.

This is a reason also why a home grown rom will be a problem, unless the mapping is done to account for the space. If not, not even the OS and stock apps will see the space. Example would be if the Desire had a rom already and someone tried to tweak it for Incredible. Desire roms do not have emmc storage like Inc.

4. Ncage1974

Ncage1974 Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Thanks guys. I bought from amazon so i didn't get the free microsd card. Looks like i will be ordering one tonight. Not a big deal but to bad that when google created the api that i didn't do it in such a way that applications would see this memory as the same thing. Apparently they didn't though. Not a bid deal though will just get a MicroSD from newegg.