• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will BB let me use another line's upgrade on a Family Plan?

Tasmin

Apr 3, 2010
Atlanta GA
So I just spent half an hour drooling - err, browsing - in the AT&T store. I had just about talked myself into an Aria, but I love the size of the Captivate.

I was thinking of going to BB and getting them to price match the AT&T store, but my line still has a couple of months to go before it's eligible for an upgrade (because my dad used mine last year ... he swaps phones every 4 months since no one else ever gets a new phone until they're falling apart ... not that I'm bitter). But 2 other lines have upgrades (and the family is okay with me using one of them). The AT&T store was willing to do it that way, but will BB do that too?

You will probably have to use the phone # for the phone you want to upgrade. But once you get the phone and put your sim card into it AT&T will add the data plan to your number automaticly.

Though if you are interested in the Aria, last time I checked you could get in at lettalk.com for free with an upgrade. As for the Captivate walmart.com has it for $99 w/ renewal. Or Amazon has it for 165ish. Look around you can do a lot better than the prices at the AT&T store.

Upvote 0
You will probably have to use the phone # for the phone you want to upgrade. But once you get the phone and put your sim card into it AT&T will add the data plan to your number automaticly.

Though if you are interested in the Aria, last time I checked you could get in at lettalk.com for free with an upgrade. As for the Captivate walmart.com has it for $99 w/ renewal. Or Amazon has it for 165ish. Look around you can do a lot better than the prices at the AT&T store.

Since I'm not the primary line, I don't qualify for the best prices on upgrades. Someone suggested that I get my line changed to the primary, but my parents are a bit squeamish about that. I can't argue with them since they're still letting me hang onto a cheap line on their plan. If you know of any place that has better prices on a line upgrade, I'd be happy to hear about it. The best I've found is either Wirefly or Let's Talk (can't remember which) doing the Captivate for $150.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones