• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will being in a no service area drain the battery faster?

Ashenor

Dec 7, 2009
Metro Detroit
I started a new job today, the training room somehow manages to get no service. My phone died in about 7 hours, I used it for about 10 mins total.

All weekend I got much better results, with it coming in and out of service do you think it's draining it faster? Only thing I had turned on was gps location. I would like to keep it on so I don't have to power it up on breaks and wait for any missed messages to come through.

Thanks

FWIW, my Moto Droid, which was good for 24hrs of my normal use, drained in about 4 hours, from full charge, while at my mom's house. She has weak/no signal with VZ as well, despite being about a mile from (2) different Verizon stores. I think all phones suffer from increased radio usage when fighting to maintain/establish signal.

Reactions: Ashenor
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones