• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will Motorola Make A Photon II LTE?

From another link in the "new phones on Sprint" thread, it seems Motorola doesn't have a lot in the pipeline for Sprint beyond the MoPhoQ. I'm starting to think a Moto Nexus won't be in the cards this fall (at least not on Sprint). :(

Seems like it, but there've been other phones that were a complete surprise in the past, so we'll see. Just thinking back to last year...most of the hype/wait/anticipation was for the Droid Bionic (with regards to Motorola), but a few months later the Razr popped up out of nowhere (nobody blogged about it, not even any rumors about it)...and then the Maxx came out a month after the regular Razr. Of course, that's Verizon, but I always hold out hope that there'll be a "surprise" somewhere that nobody was expecting.

The MoPho definitely caught me off guard last year and the rumor mill only started for that phone, 1 month prior to its "unveiling." I'm not holding my breath for anything in the near future, but I do hope the Motorola offerings are stepped up next year (1 year into it officially being a Google company)!

Upvote 0
Yup. I've done all of my ugprades for the past 4-5 years through Best Buy. I've had an amazing experience upgrading through them vs. directly through Sprint.

Since the MoPhoQ has a locked SIM that isn't removable, I'd honestly keep the MoPho (even if your husband doesn't like it). For whatever reason you might end up travelling out of the country, the MoPho will allow you the ability to purchase a pre-paid SIM and use the phone while outside of the US. I am personally going to be keeping the MoPho for that reason, as well as using it as a dedicated media player on the go.

This x2. I've been out of the US for the last few weeks and was able to use a local sim card from digicell for dirt cheap. It was way less than opening up to international plans and kept me in touch with business emails.

Upvote 0
maybe not, Alot of folks wanted a keyboard Photon, now they have it so those folks will jump on this and the ones that didn't want a keyboard photon will go to something else. So i think it would even out. Then again what do i know lol

TS

Not that it's any indicator of how sales still go, but there are 5 people in my family alone that want it. With exception of 1, they're all on phones from 2 years ago and all want physical qwerty

Upvote 0
Not that it's any indicator of how sales still go, but there are 5 people in my family alone that want it. With exception of 1, they're all on phones from 2 years ago and all want physical qwerty

Well, let's hope for Sprint/Motorola that there is demand at the price point they have set.

As for me, I need to make a decision ASAP. See my new thread. I broke my screen. :(

Any comments on that thread are appreciated.

Upvote 0
I'd like to say I want it to sell well, but that'd be purely for personal reasons like custom ROM/developer support in case I get it.

I really feel Sprint needs to be sent the message that locked sim cards and small fixed batteries will not fly. The only way we as consumers can really vote is with our dollars.

The steep rise in prepaid subscribers shows that people are tired of wireless carriers calling all the shots. If I didn't have a kick ass SERO plan I'd be on Straight Talk with a completely unlocked GSM galaxy nexus.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Posted this in Sprint rumors thread:

For those of you that have been considering the MoPho Q and happen to be Best Buy rewardszone members, you can pre-order through https://rewardzonemobile.com/
Here's the thing, it's affiliated with Best Buy, but not necessarily a "direct" link to Best Buy, so exchanges do seem to be a little more involved (in the event anything is wrong). I checked with a local store and they said they'd price match, if the stores list at $199

Oh yeah, the whole reason I'm mentioning this is, rewardzonemobile.com has the MoPho Q listed at $149.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones