• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will Verizon take me back??? also no EFT???

tennispro4ever

Nov 30, 2009
Ozark, Missouri
ok so I switched from Verizon to Sprint about 2 and a half weeks ago and I love sprint service. Just don't really have a good android phone like the motorola droid. I have the HTC evo's for me and my wife and man o man i really hate HTC. I upgraded to Android 2.2 i have streaming audio poor quality due to a setting in there phone under the system area. but due to not being able to root I cannot fix it. The camera takes ok pictures, but the camcorder audio is just ear piercing. IDK if there is a way to fix that without rooting but idk i just really miss my motorola droid on verizon. I loved that phone, totally customizable, everything worked and oh ya it has waaaaaaaaaaaay better battery life compared to the HTC Evo. anyway back to the main part of this thread. I had my numbers ported from Verizon to sprint about 2 and a half weeks ago and was wondering if verizon would take me back and get rid of or waive the eft on both of our lines.

Yep, I've done this multiple times. VZW will waive the ETF and take you back. All you have to do is pay off any outstanding fees. I always had to pay the amount of my last bill and they took me back within the 30 days.

Well we are thinking about it, only bummer is we will be paying 50 bucks a month more just to have the exact same plan that we have on sprint. Also we will have to buy our own phones, (they can't or wont' give us a early upgrade even though we had them for a yr)...so IDK what to do. suggestions, is verizon really worth the extra 50 plus bucks a month????

Upvote 0
Well we are thinking about it, only bummer is we will be paying 50 bucks a month more just to have the exact same plan that we have on sprint. Also we will have to buy our own phones, (they can't or wont' give us a early upgrade even though we had them for a yr)...so IDK what to do. suggestions, is verizon really worth the extra 50 plus bucks a month????

If you are happy with Sprint service and are saving $50 a month over VZW, I think you just answered your own question!! I mean, $50 a month equals $600 a year savings. I'm sure the EVO is just fine. I love mine. I guess I'm not sure what type of streaming music problem you have. I guess if Sprint was crappy where you use it, then switch but not if you are happy.

Upvote 0
well does your Evo have android 2.1 or the new froyo 2.2 official update??? if you have the official update just try streaming pandora or slacker and you will see what i mean. The only way to fix is due root 2.2 and give you access to the system part of the phone which who knows how long that will be. I just liked the motorola droid due to it having a keyboard and of course no locked bootloader or any of that stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones