• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wiped Samsung S5 photo retrieval?

A

Android Question

I did something very daft. I restored factory settings on my phone due to the screen flickering. And didn't back it up.
Now I've lost all my photos, music...everything. Now I think they're saved on the sd card inserted but I can't access them. Is there any way to restore them. :(
What I don't understand is when I go to gallery, it still shows 1500+ photos and 270 camera images but when I select them I simply get a black square with a mountain and an exclamation mark...but I can view the details of them...date they were taken etc. When I go to my files it lists all the photos but instead of seeing the mini photo I see the standard yellow flower icon. It also says that 3.5GB is being used for images? Is there anything I can do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones