• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wiping Droid X

psoulos

Jul 15, 2010
How do I wipe my phone? I just got my replacement today and I want to wipe the defective unit before I return it. Can I wipe the SD card at the same time?

Thanks

Edit: I also just noticed that while Backup Assistant synced my contacts names, it did not sync anything else. So I just have a lot of empty contacts

Edit2: Well the phone I'm returning can't access the network now so I won't be able to sync anyways. Is there a way to grab the contacts folder from the phone and place it into my new one?

I'm a little shocked by the shear number of people on this board who are getting replacement phones because of flaws. I too am waiting on Droid X2 but there are plenty on Droid X3 or even X4.

I am bumping the thread as I would like to know as well how to most effectively transfer my contacts and such. Ending up with a phone full of empty contact names would tick me off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones