• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wired Headset button -- Voice Dialing

aadil781

Lurker
Aug 16, 2010
Hello all,
Brand new to the forums and the android world, only a few days into my Droid 2 and I am loving it.

When I ordered the phone from VZW I ordered a pair of WIRED headphones, and they work great so far, nothing fancy but they do the job well.

There is 1-button on the headphones, that allows for me to stop/play music and answer/drop calls when I get calls, but the one thing i am trying to do is get a way for that button to start voice dialing, i used the feature all the time on my bberry and would love to know if there was a way/setting that i am just missing.

Thanks for the help in advance

I had the same question... No one knows how to change this to where the button starts voice command???

Any tips would be awesome.. It's pointless to have a hands free device and not be able to take advantage of the advanced voice dialing feature without having to pull out your phone.

I'd be happy with my phone not starting to play a random MP3 when I try to hang up my phone if the other side drops the line first :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones