1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wireless Hotspot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by biker57, Apr 25, 2012.

1. biker57

biker57 Android Enthusiast

One of the reasons (among many) I rooted my phone was for access to the hotspot app. I was wondering if there may be other wireless router apps out there you might like better than the stock one.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. theTrashcanMan

theTrashcanMan Well-Known Member

WiFi Tether or Barnacle are the 2 best in my opinion. WiFi Tether has more options and seems to be a little quicker but is also finnicky and glitchy sometimes. Barnacle is less glitchy but also has fewer features.

3. strider70

strider70 Member

I recommend WifiTether 2.0.7. It uses WPA/WPA2 (128 bit encryption).
    You can find their work on google code.
    They have a beta (yellow wifi icon) that works on some ROMs.

I remember looking up Barnacle a long time ago and they were using WEP encryption. So it's up to you.

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I prefer the hacked Sprint one. It works everytime where as sometimes I have issues with the other ones.

If I'm trying to use the hotspot, its because I need it, and I need it to work.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. biker57

biker57 Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses. I could never get my laptop to see the signal from the Barnical app but it picked up the Wifi just fine. I want to try it with my work VPN so I'll see how that goes.

I noticed Wifi had experimental and beta apps available but I passed on them for now.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews