• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless / Qi Charging?

My old Note 3 had wireless charging. Instead of buying the S-View cover, I ordered a Docooler Qi wireless charging coil from eBay. It's light, thin, and adds virtually no depth to the device so you can use the original cover. I used electrical tape to secure the terminals on the coil to the terminals on the phone, and it worked great.

Keep in mind that wireless charging uses a principle known as induction, where a magnetic field from the charger induces current flow in the coil (which is connected to the phone's charging circuit). It is not as fast or efficient as plugging it in, but it gets the job done eventually. I used it with a Tylt Vu stand at bedside to charge overnight.

I hope this helps. Good luck and let us know how it turns out! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones