• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help *World GSM* USSD Codes Not Working

SporkLover

Android Enthusiast
May 9, 2010
Found another quirk in the World capabilities of the Photon. I can't seem to be able to dial USSD codes. Thats not a problem here in the states, but in Europe where I rely on Pre-Paid Sims it is a problem. No USSD codes = no visibility on my Pre-Paid balance.

I've searched the forum and found that other phones also have this issue, and you can get around it by disabling a security option for Mobile Tracker in the Locations and Security menu...... however, I can't seem to find that option.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to sort through it all while I was in Germany last week.

I did find recommendations for a USSD Dialer App: https://market.android.com/details?id=teklabz.ussddirectory.android.activities&feature=search_result

But I never have a chance to test it while in Germany. Oh well. Next trip!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones