• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wrong Email

saylorn13

Lurker
Oct 19, 2017
Galaxy S6
Open Internet
Google
Search(xxx) doesn't matter
Scroll to bottom of the page where it says you location, email ect.
NOT MY EMAIL!

WTH? Has anyone else had this problem? It's not my email that's logged in. I've checked every conceivable section of my Google profile. Don't know this email address. Not on my phone, my laptop, tablets or anything else that I have ever logged on with.

Strange. Not sure how it got there, but it's something that you want to get rid of cuz whoever that email belongs to, is probably able to access your history and... Saved password!
First delete your saved password and history in your browser. Go to history> clear browsing data> advanced. and select all and delete
Then check your accounts in phone, maybe this email was somehow added to your phone.
Settings>accounts>Google. Make sure it's not there, if it is remove ASAP.
Only after that, go back to where you find that email in the first place (in Google search results page) and next to it there should be 'switch accounts' press on that and select your account. Or delete all data of your browser by going in phone settings>application manager>., find the browser app (chrome?) Press on it go into storage and clear data.
Does that help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones