• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WTF is this update it keeps trying to do...

txaspeat

Dec 16, 2012
I had an update notice in notifications bar near the clock at weekend, so I went to update settings to look and it was downloading a 620mb update, took nearly a hour, then after it had downloaded I got a notice saying cant connect to server and please check wifi settings, theres nothing wrong with my wifi or it wouldnt have downloaded the update???

Now each time I switch on it starts to do a 620mb update but then says it cant connect to server, its done it twice. Ive just switched on again and yet again its doing an update as above. Why does it do the download then fails to install it? Im getting sick of these shitty samsung tabs, its one ballache after another with em.

Has this happened to anyone else?

P.s. ive cancelled this recent attempt at an update. Will each of the 620mb update files (or somewhere around that mark) be stored on my tab. WTF is it doing????

P.s. again. After typing this post and going back to homepage, ive had another notice...'failed to update firmware due to network or server problem, please update via kies or by pc'

Why does it do a 620mb download then tell me it cant install it cos of server problems? Stupid P.O.S.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones